There was a paradigm shift in the Indian television viewership in the ‘00s when the shows kept lingering on and on and on. In this era when saas-bahu saga ruled the little screen, there were some shows that you should definitely be remembering.
- Who can ever forget the title song of Sanjivani and that super hot Mohnish Behl?
- The anchor of Sansani, Shrivardhan Trivedi is always remembered for his quirky style of hosting. He anchored 2700 episodes in his peculiar style.
- Who didn’t fall in love with a chubby Gattu who was so-so innocent
- The prime time reality show on Sony with all inmates fighting for the top spot week after week.
- The model talent search show that was premiered in 2004 and lasted for five successful seasons kept the audience glued to their television sets.
- The television dance competition series judged by Jaffrey brothers started way back in 1996 and its popularity led to the making of 7 seasons with the last one completed just three years back.
- The Indian fantasy sitcom with three generations residing under the same roof was enough to lift up your mood instantly.
- Kids favourite Sona Aunty was always there to rescue Frooti irrespective of whatever she does.
- No one can forget the Crime reporter with its famous line “Chain se sona hai toh jaag jaao”
- The Indian version of Ugly Betty was quite popular with people eventually falling in love with Jassi a character played by Mona Singh.
- Watching Takeshi’s Castle where Japanese contestants keep falling over trying various ridiculous tasks kept you in splits especially with Javed Jaffrey’s humorous narration in the background.
- Hosted by Neena Gupta in her stern style this show had contestants answering questions while at the same time trying to eliminate each other.
So What Do You Think?