Jio 4G has successfully completed its one year in the telecom industry and got massive acceptance from customers. It was launched on 5th September last year. And we need to relook on its saga of promises. Ever since its launch it has revolutionise telecom industry and holds a powerful grip over the market. It set a new standard for service provider and customers.
It is evident that free data services and calls has customized and eased telecommunication. The company invested $30 billion in their project and is accepted to earn annual turnover of 21,300 cr.
Jio claims that it has dynamically helped in a big way towards Digital India. With slogans like- data is the new oil or data is the oxygen of digital India, Jio got momentous achievements over traditional telecom companies.In fact , Jio is a rare start up!
Lets see how far it has gone in achieving this.
- Jio initially launched its services as trial only to its partners and employees on 27, 2015. Then Mukesh Ambani, the owner of Reliance Jio, on September 1, 2016 proclaimed commercial roll out of Jio service will start from September 5, 2016 under the name of Jio Welcome offer.
- Within first month of its launch Jio acquired 16 million subscribers across the country. In 83 days of its launch, it achieved a colossal growth of 50 million users and on February 22, 2017, the company divulged that it had hit 100 million customers.
- Jio success rate hit other telcos damn adversely as a result they too started slashing the price of their plans and tariffs. Companies like BSNL and Airtel too drop down the their tariff rate.
- Meanwhile, Jio announced that other telcos are refusing to provide interconnect polls to it as discussed during commercial agreements. Thus, JIo ask TRAI for help, TRAI then summoned all other network service providers and Jio for discussion over the issue.
- Jio endee its Welcome Offer on 3 December on the instructions from TRAI. TRAI said that no company can run a promotional offer for more than 90 days.
- After this it launched Happy New Year offer which was synonymous of the former offer. The offer provided free data and voice calls facilities till 31st March.
- The inauguration of Happy New Year offer also created agitation among telcos, they claimed that it is disrespecting TRAI’s orders and has launched the same scheme with a different name. However, Jio managed to calm down the buzz.
- Jio was put under scanner when a data breach was discovered on July 9, 2017, after the website Magicapk.com leaked the confidential information such as mobile numbers,last names and even Aadhaar card numbers of Jio users. However, Jio denied there was any data breach.
- Jio finally ends its free services in April 2017 and start taking charges for its services. The company though promised to provide cheapest service to those who subscribe to it Prime Membership scheme.
- The company is now all done to launch its feature phone, JioPhone and is aiming at DTH services.
We have our Best Wishes with the company.